Section 10: Health and Safety Information

This section outlines the safety precautions associated with using your TouchSquid.

Battery Use & Safety

The battery in TouchSquid is not intended to be replaced by the consumer. If you believe the battery is damaged or needs to be replaced, take the TouchSquid to a service center for inspection and replacement.

• Do not let the TouchSquid or battery come in contact with liquids. Liquids can get into the TouchSquid's

circuits, leading to corrosion. Even when the TouchSquid appears to be dry and appears to operate normally, the circuitry could slowly corrode and pose a safety hazard. If the TouchSquid  and/or battery get wet, have them checked by your service provider or contact TouchSquid, even if they appear to be working properly.

• Do not place your battery in or near a heat source. Excessive heating can damage the TouchSquid or the

battery and could cause the TouchSquid or the battery to explode. Do not dry a wet or damp battery with an

appliance or heat source such as a microwave oven, hair dryer, iron, or radiator. Avoid leaving your TouchSquid in your car in high temperatures.

• Do not dispose of the TouchSquid or the battery in a fire. The TouchSquid or the battery may explode when


• Avoid dropping the TouchSquid. Dropping the TouchSquid especially on a hard surface,

can potentially cause damage. If you suspect damage to the TouchSquid or battery, take it

to a service center for inspection.

• Never use any charger or battery that is damaged in any way.

Important!: Use only TouchSquid-approved batteries, and recharge your battery only with approved chargers which are specifically designed for your TouchSquid.

WARNING!Use of a non-TouchSquid-approved battery or charger may present a risk of fire, explosion, leakage, or other hazard. TouchSquid's warranty does not cover damage to the TouchSquid caused by non-TouchSquid-approved batteries and/or chargers.

Page 54


Please note the following information when using your tablet:


The display on your tablet is made of glass and could break if your mobile device is dropped or if it receives significant impact. Do not use if screen is broken or cracked as this could cause injury to you.

Please note that a touch-screen responds best to a light touch from the pad of your finger. Using excessive force or a metallic object when pressing on the touch-screen may damage the

tempered glass surface and void the warranty.


Responsible Listening

Caution!: Avoid potential hearing loss.

Damage to hearing occurs when a person is exposed to loud sounds over time. The risk of hearing loss increases as sound is played louder and for longer durations. Prolonged exposure to loud sounds (including music) is the most common cause of preventable hearing loss. Some scientific research suggests that using portable audio devices, such as portable music players and cell phones, at high volume settings for long durations may lead to permanent noise-induced hearing loss. This includes the use of headphones (including headsets, earbuds, and Bluetooth® or other wireless devices).


Exposure to very loud sound has also been associated in some studies with tinnitus (aringing in the ear), hypersensitivity to sound, and distorted hearing. Individual susceptibility to noise-induced hearing loss and potential hearing problem varies. Additionally, the amount of sound produced by a portable audio device varies depending on the nature of the sound, the device settings, and the headphones that are used.

As a result, there is no single volume setting that is appropriate for everyone or for every combination of sound,

settings, and equipment. You should follow some common sense recommendations when using any portable audio device:

  • Always turn the volume down before plugging the earphones into an audio source.
  • Set the volume in a quiet environment and select the lowest volume at which you can hear adequately.
  • Be aware that you can adapt to higher volume settings over time, not realizing that the higher volume may be harmful to your hearing.
  • When using headphones, turn the volume down if you cannot hear the people speaking near you or if the person sitting next to you can hear what you are listening to.
  • Do not turn the volume up to block out noisy surroundings. If you choose to listen to your portable device in a noisy environment, use noise-cancelling headphones to block out background environmental noise. By blocking background environment noise, noise cancelling headphones should allow you to hear the music at lower volumes than when using earbuds.
  • Limit the amount of time you listen. As the volume increases, less time is required before you hearing could be affected.
  • Avoid using headphones after exposure to extremely loud noises, such as rock concerts, that might cause temporary hearing loss. Temporary hearing loss might cause unsafe volumes to sound normal.
  • Do not listen at any volume that causes you discomfort. If you experience ringing in your ears, hear muffled speech, or experience any temporary hearing difficulty after listening to your portable audio device, discontinue use and consult your doctor.